Hi Craftstashers! If you missed out on our weekly Facebook Live show, no worries! You can watch the replay here! Or maybe you caught the show live, but you want to know more about everything we used during the on-air demonstration–then this is the post for you!
This week we talked about wet embossing aka heat embossing and we had so much fun embossing with Craftstash’s new range, the Creative Mehndi Collection (pictured above)
Heat embossing or wet embossing is when you use an embossing ink and embossing powder to create a raised, textured effect on a material like paper or even fabric. There are various types of embossing powders that leave a different finish or effect, whether it’s a glossy, metallic, glittery, matte or even GLOW IN THE DARK– there’s sure to be a powder that suits your fancy!
We know it can be intimidating, especially when a heat tool is involved (to melt the powder), but we hope these easy to follow steps will make it less intimidating!
Easy Steps for Wet Embossing
1. Use an anti-static medium to prime your paper and remove static so that your powder will stick to the stamp ink and not the paper in general.
2. Stamp your paper with an embossing ink pad (there are so many great brands out there, and special ones that even dry slowly)
3. Sprinkle your embossing powder on top of your image and shake or tap off the excess onto a piece of scrap paper.
4. Save your excess powder and pour it back into the embossing powder container.
5. Look closely at your image. It will be powdery, but don’t touch it. With a clean and dry brush, remove any powder particles from your paper. Take your time!
6. Turn on your heat tool and let it heat up for a few seconds before heating your image. The powder will melt before your eyes!
7. Once the powder is melted, set it aside to cool. Do not touch it until you know it’s set and completely cool. Patience is key;)
Watch these steps live along with other tips and tricks during the Facebook Live broadcast— we also shared how you can heat emboss kraft card and even vellum!
We hope you enjoyed the broadcast! We always have such a great time sharing new products and having a laugh. And again a huge CONGRATULATIONS Tracy, the winner of our £25 Craftstash voucher! We hope you got lots of crafting goodies!