In today’s blog we’re sharing a few DIY Christmas gift wrapping ideas with a 12 days of Christmas theme. We’re excited about our new 12 Days of Christmas stamps and embossing folders from Pretty Quick. These new A6 size designs are perfect for making quick Christmas cards, but they’re also great for Christmas gift wrap!
- Stamp a patterned background with various coloured inks to create a trendy gift wrap. We love Tonic Studios Diamond Hybrid Ink Pads because the colours coordinate perfectly! You can use this background for more than gift wrap. Trim your “gift wrap” and use it as a card background or in your journaling backgrounds.
- Remove the handles from a plain gift bag and run the bag through a die-cutting machine with an embossing folder. (You can leave your handles in tact, but it may be too tight to run through your machine.) This easy technique creates a textured and personalised bag and gives new life to your embossing folders!
- Stamp on a piece of plain white card with black ink and have your children or grandchildren colour in the designs with crayons! Crafting is a family affair after all!
- Heat emboss kraft coloured gift wrap with white embossing powder. It’s an elegant and quick way to give your Christmas gift wrap a rustic feel! Plus any stamp set design will be beautiful in white embossing against kraft card.
- Use an embossing pen (we love this Wow! Embossing pen) to handwrite festive words like “joy” and “peace” on card stock, then use that as gift wrap. Heat emboss with your favourite embossing powders and create a truly personalised gift wrapping for your loved ones!
Watch this video for some DIY Christmas gift wrapping ideas and don’t forget to take a peek at our new Pretty Quick 12 Days of Christmas Collection. It’s adorable!: