Step by step
- Cover a 10.5×13.5cm panel of white cardstock with different shades of blue Distress Ink. Create different-sized star stencils by die-cutting them from acetate.
- Place the stencils onto the inked panel and apply white ink through them, overlap the shapes to achieve depth.
- Use acrylic paint to stencil the smallest stars onto the same panel and once dry, affix strips of yellow cardstock across the top half as shown.
- Affix the panel from Step 3 onto the card front. Stamp and heat-emboss the star onto white cardstock, cut it out and add it to the card front using 3D foam pads.
- Stamp the sentiment onto a strip of cardstock, cut it into a banner shape, score the ends to achieve dimension and place it over the star to finish.
By Keren Baker, as featured in Simply Cards & Papercraft issue 145.