This month as the weather starts to hint more heavily towards summer, we’re starting to switch to lighter yarn and lacier patterns. This issue’s cover star, the Lattice Crust top is a fantastic layering piece which will be a delight to knit. I’m not kidding myself though – we still live in the UK and I for one wear my jumper all year round, so you’ll find a couple of cosier knits in here too including the Botanics Pullover, which is a fantastic unisex knit. If you’re thinking of casting on a new garment, don’t miss Dana’s tips for knitting fantastic garments. She’s inspired me to crack on with some WIPs.
If you fancy a quick knit, there’s plenty to choose from in this issue. I can’t resist our Shaun the Sheep jumper that you can knit in no time with chunky yarn. For a portable project, why not try the Giverny hat or Aki Scarf? They can both be made from under 100g of yarn. For the toy lovers out there, we’ve got a little treat from Sachiyo Ishii – two adorable little sheep to knit. They’re even wearing their own little cabled jumpers.
- Official Shaun the Sheep jumper
- Rowan Superfine Collection supplement book
- Share your thoughts and win £200 of WYS goodies
- Readers review a selection of our favourite DK yarns
- Exclusive collection of brand-new designs
- Garments in sizes 6-36
- Stay up to date with the latest news from top yarn brands
- Super discounts on your favourite yarns
- Find out how you can knit for charity
- Get advice from knitting experts