This issue of Sew Now will make sure your summer wardrobe is full of fresh new styles and gorgeous fabrics. From a pretty, bell-sleeved top to relaxed harem pants, as well as your free Butterick and Simple Sew patterns, you’re sure to find something that will give you plenty of summer wear and build your skills. For the thrifty stitchers among you, try the pants-to-pencil-skirt upcycle or refashion your favourite denim shirt with Persian embroidery. If you’re planning a ‘staycation’, why not breathe a little fresh style into your home with a our clever seat cushion and shower curtain project or use your free time to sew a sturdy pair of dungarees for a toddler or our retro cat toy. With clear step by step guides, plenty of hints tips and techniques this issue will have sewing your own style in no time!
This issue also includes:
- Get beach ready with our bell-sleeve seersucker top
- Angeline Murphy shares her favourite summer makes
- Sew a relaxed pair of summer harem pants with shirred waist & cuffs
- Listen and learn – our pick of the best sewing podcasts
- Refashioning – trousers-to-skirt transformation
- Build your skills with our button band tutorial
- Sustainable tailoring: how to replace a broken zip
- Get creative with embroidery upcycling
- Father’s day patterns and gift guide
- Sew your own shower curtain
- Skill builder – learn how to sew shirring
- Holiday make – try our fly-away shoulder bag for size
Sorry, no inspiration is currently available in the gallery.