Christmas outfits don’t have to be tricky to sew, and this issue is packed with styles that are perfect for the party season as well as everyday wear.
Your free McCall’s jersey dress pattern has four versatile options that are all easy makes, while the Twirly circle skirt is a great addition to your winter wardrobe. If you’re stuck for final present ideas, we’ve some easy and quick makes that can be whipped up in a night. Try our Lavender Bird hangers or super-cute dog brooch – both ideal for scrap busting. This issue we’re helping you get to grips with sewing jersey and, with advice from experts May Martin and Alison Smith, you’ll learn everything from sewing perfect seams to creating perfect pockets. Try out your new skills by sewing the Racer-back vest or children’s Crossover tee. As always this issue is packed with inspiration, ideas and new patterns ready for your sewing list in 2018!
- Learn to get a professional finish on jersey hems
- Join the Christmas party parade with our Twirly circle skirt
- May Martin’s top tips for sewing jersey
- Stretch your skills and sew a Racer-back vest or children’s Cross-over tee
- Breathe new life into your lounge with our patchwork cushion project along with matching tissue box and remote control holder
- Alison Smith shares her advice on sewing jersey pockets
- Make your wardrobe sweet smelling with our pretty Lavender Bird hangers
- Accessorise your winter wardrobe and sew the perfectly proportioned Claudia shoulder bag
- Perfect for a little princess, the Beaded kiss-clasp purse is the perfect last-minute gift
- Brighten up baby’s outfit with our colourful bib
- Get to grips with affixing buttons the professional way!