Free 4-in-1 Butterick 6214 Top pattern
Welcoming in a new year of sewing, this issue is packed with patterns, projects and ideas to build your skills. Your free Butterick top pattern is an easy make with plenty of versatility
for spring, and by following our two expert tutorials you’ll get a truly professional finish. If you’re looking to conquer sewing with stretch fabric, try our super-easy Plaid Pencil Skirt or treat yourself to a super soft pair of Sweetheart Pyjamas. It’s the time of year for clearing out the old and bringing in the new, and for your sewing room we have the perfect trio – a sewing machine cover, tool easel and pincushion, all ideal for sprucing up your space. If you’re looking to use up your scraps, the Hands-on cushion, Pretty Kitty and Mini Mouse and Reversible Baby waistcoat will help bust your stash! We’ve been chatting with Lisa Comfort in this issue to find out about her plans for 2018, including her exciting new business venture. You can expect to find plenty of inspirational ideas, brand-new patterns to try and great step-by-step tutorials to enhance your 2018 sewing!
- Lisa Comfort shares her plans for 2018 and tells us about her new business venture
- Master setting in sleeves on your free pattern
- Sew a jersey plaid pencil skirt in a night!
- Meet Julia Claridge, Sew Now designer and find out about the passion behind her sewing business
- Add pretty Liberty fabric to our unique Hands-on cushion
- Three different ways to get a professional finish with bias tape
- Learn two different methods of taking up jeans
- Make an easy-to-sew reversible waistcoat for your favourite baby!
- Treat yourself to a pair of Sweetheart jersey pyjamas
- Spruce up your sewing room and make a sewing machine cover, tool easel and pincushion
- Take to the sofa and hand-stitch a delicate pair of beaded earrings and a brooch
- Mix and match bright fabric for our Pretty Kitty toy and mini mouse finger puppet
- Take your accessories to the next level with the New Forest bag and matching pouch