Are you thinking about purchasing a Cricut Maker or maybe you’ve just purchased one and your not sure where to start? In this guide, we take you through all the different ways in which you can use a Cricut Maker and how to get started.
What is the Cricut Maker
The Cricut Maker is the most advanced of all the digital die-cutting machines from Cricut. This machine both cuts, scores, engraves, debosses and writes using various blade and pen attachments. The Maker can cut through a huge range of materials, from cardstock and fabrics through to light wood. this machine is ideal if you are interested in lots of crafts and want maximum flexibility with your choice of materials.
How does the Cricut Maker work?
The Cricut Maker connects to your smartphone, pc or laptop using Bluetooth. The projects are all created on the Cricut Design Space software and then sent to your Cricut Maker for cutting or drawing.
What can the Cricut Maker do?
With the Cricut Maker, just as with the other machines in the Cricut Range you can make so many different kinds of projects. The maker offers even more possibilities because it can cut through so many more materials.
- Cards, create die-cut or drawn designs
- Invitations for parties or weddings
- Place cards for dinner parties or weddings
- Labels for jars or drawers, packed lunch boxes
- Adhesive vinyl decals for walls, mugs, water bottles, anything you can think of that needs decorating!
- Iron-on decals for clothing and accesories
- Party decorations and banners
- Professional looking Foiling
- Cutting out wooden decorations
- Sewing projects and dressmaking
What are the key benefits of the Cricut Maker?
- Cricut Maker features unique, commercial-grade technology that controls the direction of the blade and the cut pressure to match your material.
- It’s electronic, so there are no handles to crank, this is great if you find manual die-cutting machines hard work.
- 10X more cutting power than the Explore Air.
- You can customise all the ready to go projects or just use them as they are for super quick designs
- The maker has extra built in storage for all the tools
- It also features ‘quick swop’ tools to save time when switching between blades
- The Cricut Maker is ideal for designers looking to start up a small craft business using their own designs
Can you get free Cricut Maker designs?
Yes! It’s really easy to find thousands of free images you can use on the design software as well as uploading your own, you simply have to use the filters and you have so many to choose from. Just be sure to check if you are planning on selling your work that the images can be used for that.
What does Cricut Maker come with?
- Cricut Maker™ machine
- Rotary Blade + Drive Housing
- Premium Fine-Point Blade + Housing
- Fine-Point Pen
- FabricGrip™ Mat 12” x 12”
- LightGrip™ Mat 12” x 12”
- Welcome book
- USB cable
- Power adapter
- Cricut Access™ trial membership
- 50 ready-to-make projects, including 25 sewing patterns
- Materials for your first project
Where can I get the best offers on Cricut Maker accessories?
At CraftStash we offer some great bundles which mean you get more and save when purchased together.
We have multiple bundles available with the Cricut Maker including a bundle with the Foil Transfer System included – Browse Cricut Maker Bundle Offers
You can also rely on us to have the best prices on Cricut accessories and materials
- Cricut Maker replacement blades – there are so many different blades available for all kinds of different applications
- Cricut Maker Mats – the sticky mat which keeps your materials in place for cutting
- Cricut vinyl – there are so many colours available
- Cricut Maker tool sets – extra tools to make lifting pieces from your die-cut materials easier, spatula, weeder and scraper.
- Cricut iron-on material – make slogans and designs for T-shirts, aprons, bags and more
- Cricut pen sets for cardstock and fabrics – your Cricut can draw – find all the colours and pen widths you need
- Cricut transfer tape – make your vinyl stick to any surface with this extra grippy tape
How do you install the Cricut Maker software?
The Cricut Maker software is called Cricut Design Space Software. When you get your new die-cutting machine you will need to install this software on your smartphone or computer (or both). Click here to install the software on your computer – Install Cricut Maker Software
On installation, this software becomes a start-up guide taking you through every step of creating your first design with your new Cricut Maker.
Official Cricut Maker User Guide
Go to Cricut Machine User Guides for the in-depth guides for setting up and working on your new Cricut Maker, this also includes multiple videos for getting you started and learning new things you can make with your Cricut Maker.
Is the Cricut design Space Software easy to use?
In this video you can see how easy it is to browse through all the designs on the Cricut Design Space software.
Be sure to check out all the great help videos available!
I currently have a Cricut maker and absolutely love the versatility of the machine 😍You can do anything from simple shapes to mandala style images and fancy lettering.Whilst the mats are consumable items there are several ways to make them last longer by following simple steps on YouTube videos. Cricut offer several blade housings for materials which means you cut fabric, foam, vinyl, htv, balsa wood, acrylic, card, paper….. the list goes on and on 🥰Cricut use design space as it’s operating system which is simple and easy to use and follow, if you are ever stuck there are 1000’s of videos available to help you out and many groups on Facebook to ask questions too.I’d highly recommend a Cricut to anyone who wants an all in one machine – Sam Oakes
Let us know in the comments if you have any questions about this amazing craft machine, or if you have one already tell us how you are getting on or share a pic and tag us on one of our social channels with a project you have made.